Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Finding fun...

I closed last night's blog with looking to find some fun for today, since we are now down to five days and counting...it took until this evening to find it.  Doing laundry? Not so much fun.  Running errands?  Nope.  Cleaning out the refridgerator? Hardly fun.  Polishing chrome?  Not so much, either.  Washing the boat?  Not in 90 degree heat...the water out of the garden hose was even warm.  So....when Bryan and Polly called inviting us to go on a boat ride and out to dinner, we jumped at the opportunity.  I think Donnie's response was "We'll be there in 10!"  It did not matter one iota that I had dinner in the crockpot- we're going on a boat ride:)

Meet our new 55 foot neighbors...Holy Cow, I would not want their fuel bill!
The Wicked Witch makes Marquesa look like a pipsqueak!
You could pitch a tent on her HUGE transom!
Bryan and Donnie were taking a trip down memory lane singing to the
"oldies" station.  It had something to do with, "I was a freshman when
you were a senior when this was a hit."  To which I am thinking,
"Um, yeah, I remember my brother's 45's.  I was in first grade."  lol
We went to the Dockside for dinner...this guy reminded us
of Greg!  It must have been the floppy hat and sunglasses.
Come to think of it, Greg could have done just as well on the guitar.
(and he doesn't even play guitar, or any instrument for that matter!)
It's difficult to see here, but Boot Key Harbor has really emptied out.
We got back to the boat tonight, and
Willis was his usual sassy self.
Full of piss and vinegar, like always. Still, we love him :)
The plan for tomorrow?!  Dunno....only four days left.  I think a little treasure hunting sounds like fun, and a ride in the dinghy, and some lunch at the Hurricane one last time.  We'll see.  Maybe we'll put Rotten in his life jacket and take him for a dinghy ride.  Now that sounds like fun!  (though probably not so much for him.)
Until then-

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you forgot I play the nose harp!!
    We can't wait to see you,
    Love you guys, dinner soon?
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a funfilled evening even though the cuisine was a little off and the music was less then desirable. The boat ride was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wicked Witch looks tiny compared to some of the ones we saw in Nassau Harbor. And then the ones at Atlantis Harbor...those were bigger than most houses! And we even saw a tour boat thing run into one of the big ones! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete