Sunday, April 17, 2011

Babies on board!

Meg, Jay, Jackson and Reece got in last evening from IN, by way of several stops to see friends and family along the way.  We met up with the family at church this morning, played in the pool this afternoon, and took a sunset sail this evening.  It was a wonderful time.  We love hanging with Donnie's niece (and nephew back home) and their families; they're great 'kids'.  The pictures tell the story best of all...
I walk in to church and what's the first thing I see?  Great Mamaw holding
baby Reece...there's nothing else she'd rather be doing.  She'll get lots of
loving this next week or two, as the kids are staying at the condo
with Mamaw and Paps.  We'll see who wears out first!
CHEERS! Jackson easily filled up on lemonade showing off this trick :)
The church was celebrating 10 years with their Pastor with a Philly
Cheese Steak dinner...I never leave a church get together still hungry.
I got to steal Reece away from Mamaw for about five minutes.
How sweet is she?!  What is it about holding babies?
I immediately start humming and swaying, and patting
their little diapered butts!  Holding Willis is not the same.
Jay was waiting for that moment when he could have an ice cold
Corona with lime by the pool...it finally arrived this afternoon!
Look closely, there's a grin under that floppy hat!
Mamaw is happy...Reece was perfectly content, too.
Jax got in a splash fight with Great Papaw :)
The boy loves chicken wings and celery!
He loves Willis, too.   Here they are both squished on the rug in my
one butt galley...too cute!
I mean, he REALLY loves Willis...
Willy T decided to come up for some air...that was a lot of lovin' down below :)
Oh dear, we just left the dock!  If I hadn't been so busy getting some
lovin' I might have planned my great escape for some REAL lovin';
I happen to be packin' a few quarters...
I can save my quarters, this kid is full of lovin'!
How sweet is this?  I wonder what they're both thinking?!
Clearly, Jackson is in love with a Willis...the feeling was mutual.
Willis took it all in stride, he'll take lovin' any where he can get it!
Jackson learned to pull the jib sheet...
Jackson learned to drive the boat...yes, he really was driving!
Jackson remarked, "It's a bigga bigga water!"
Willis was just content to be back on topsides, again. 
True to form, he was all over the boat.
It was a beautiful Florida sunset, once again.
Willis was flopped on the deck also watching the sunset.  He
seriously was!  I don't think he was ready to return to the marina tonight.
He loved all of the attention from Jackson, and it was easy sailing this evening.
We love sharing Marquesa with friends and family; today was purrfect :)

2 comments:

  1. Go Jackson!!
    I bet he did a lot better at driving the boat than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson had a steadier hand, but he simply drove in circles! lol Miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete