Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday in paradise

We welcomed Easter Sunday morning before sunrise, with at least 500 other worshippers at Sombrero Beach.
The sky was beautiful as the praise band lead in the worship songs...and the people kept coming.  It was awesome.
Before Pastor Keith began the message, the sun popped up through the low lying clouds.  It was breath-taking.

More than half of those in attendance were not from Marathon. To be worshipping with people, from all walks of life, from all over the world, really, was beyond cool.  It was beautiful, y'all.

...and when the sun hit the cross...It was perfect.  He is risen!
Polly (and Bryan) had us all over for an Easter Sunday brunch.  She really outdid herself....the meal was fabulous!  Lori, read Polly's sign above her stove- I thought of you!  Here is Edie with the best tan of us all, and she's only been here two weeks- geesh :) 
 
Polly was a most gracious host- she even had us all coloring Easter eggs :)
Donnie and Diane had us all in stitches as they traded horror stories of their youth...the time he accidentally killed her "half grown kitten", the time she kept him from using the phone and then he threw her in the pool, the time he chased her date off with a shot gun...do you see a reoccurring theme here?!  Cap'n was pretty rotten back in the day!  Poor Diane...
They kept us all entertained though :) 
I came home, finished laundry, and laid out in the sun at Paradise Pointe- and this fella came by to say hi. Willis didn't see him, because if he had, the chase would have been on!  Cap'n was busy in the afternoon reinstalling the exhaust system, then he went to cool off at the pool.  The guy deserved it- he did a major job in rebuilding and reinstalling the mixing elbow.  I was really proud of him!  It just provided me with extra assurance that I am in good hands out on that great big ocean when I am with my Cap'n.  I wouldn't be doing this with anybody else.
No day is complete in paradise without taking a few minutes to be still and watch the sunset...especially on Easter Sunday.  Whether I am in a woods, on a mountain, on my back porch, gazing out at the ocean, or listening to gospel music, I feel closest to Him in nature and in song.
Then I looked over and saw this father and his daughter, sharing the same beautiful moment together...
...and for a moment, I missed my own daddy...when I was that little girl's age, those were the good times between me and my daddy.  In that brief moment of sadness, I looked back at the sunset and was reminded of my Heavenly Father who never leaves me. ever.
...and I was happy for this little girl and her daddy, sharing their own beautiful moment together.
God is good.  All the time.  Happy Easter.  G'nite, y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment