Saturday, April 6, 2013

road trip

AIS was 5:15am, so we were up at 4:30am.  Thirteen hours later, lots of silliness, laughter, and a few wrong turns, we finally made it to Columbus, GA, near Ft. Benning.  Unfortunately, Carissa will not land until late tonight.  She had some delays herself, so I bet she'll be especially tired when she finally does arrive.  I think its been about a three day ordeal getting from the sandbox to stateside, only to have to return to Germany in less than two days.  Whew!  She'll be so glad to finally be back home.
Going up! (the elevator in our hotel :)  Fran was hiding in the corner.
We went to Applebee's for dinner (Thanks, Biddi, for the coupons!)  The girls have also been road-tripping and were a little slap happy themselves.  They were trying to high five one another...
After a few near misses and false starts they finally got it.  The funny thing is, I have no idea what they were high fiving about- I don't think they knew either!
After dinner, we started a game of...
What else?!  Chickenfoot!  Hans Fricassee also made the trip :) 
We all were pretty pooped pups, so we called it an early night.  Funny thing is, though I am on dry land, we've had two bouncy nights in a row on Marquesa, so Cap'n and I both have been feeling like we're still on the boat all evening.  I caught myself swaying at dinner and playing dominoes.  Geesh!  Hopefully, I'll have my land legs back tomorrow.  G'nite, y'all!

PS.  In case you were wondering, the furry beast stayed behind on Marquesa.  He's guarding the boat.  Dan and Biddi are checking on him daily to feed and water him, and we got the full report earlier this evening.  All is well, and he didn't try to make a break for the mangroves- whew!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment