Monday, April 7, 2014

Springer's again :)

On Monday, Cap'n took parts and such off the blue piglet,
got no where fast, and said screw it.  There was money
to be made, and it involved a scuba tank.  Anytime my
husband can 'get wet', he's a happy man.

He scraped the bottom of Ragtime for some extra dinero.  It was quite
the job- he burned through two tanks of air, two wire brushes, and another
scraper over the course of six hours in two afternoons.

But as you can see, Ragtime is no small fry ;)
That is Marquesa's mast on the right as we are
now tucked back in the corner of the marina.

A catamaran has come to take our place along the wall.
I was hoping it was Matt & Karie, but it wasn't.
I miss them.  We made some great memories with them.
While Cap'n was busy in the water, I got busy repacking our luggage
for the trip to Germany in a few weeks.  It's already spring-like weather
there, and I needed to resituate things.  Willis was giving me lip
over the fact that he is not going with us on the trip.  He will
be much happier with Uncle Kenny.  He would hate the 8 hour flight.

He tried his best to keep me from my work, even 'fake sleeping'.
Dern cat.  Yes, those are mittens you see packed.  Even in 60
degree weather, my fingers will go numb.  My leather jacket goes, too.

Len came by late in the afternoon to pick us up for Springer's.  The boys fiddled with the piglet for a bit, discussing things I can't begin to understand.  No point in getting elbows and a$$ deep in a stupid Chinese scooter project when there's music to be had.  I just discovered today that the piglet is Chinese.  This can't be a good sign...
Nothing like a pot pie and fried okra to
bring a smile to Uncle Kenny's face :)
Seriously, the food is delicious at Springers.



I had no trouble putting away my Philly Cheese Steak
sandwich and sweet potato fries :)



Martina ordered beignets for us all to try.  Fried dough, dipped
in your choice of chocolate sauce, Grand Mariner berry sauce,
or Jack Daniel's vanilla cream sauce.  Oh. My. Goodness.
 
Passing weather chased the musicians inside a few times, but
they hung in there for another night of music in the 'round.


Donnie had fun getting 'Spooky'


Dan & Penny.  We both are really going to miss these
two.  Both are incredible people.  Talented musicians.
Having them on the sailboat earlier this season was
wonderful.  Dan can take over the First Mate's duties
anytime.  I can't wait to get back and see them again-
nearly two years from now. :(

Donnie says he feels honored to play with them,
Just look how happy he is.  I feel guilty taking
him away from all of this next year.
 
Frannie and I waited, and waited, and waited, to catch
Len looking up from his hat and smiling at the
accordion player.  I finally caught him after about
twenty shots :)  Sadly, Terri left with another guy...




Len's original, "Don't Set Your Drag too Tight" is always
a crowd favorite.  Donnie and I have heard a lot of musicians,
all up and down the Keys, playing their original songs
about the Keys.  This is by far, the best we've ever heard.
He needs to record it professionally, as it deserves
to get some air play on 98.7 Conch Country in Key West.
Seriously.




As they finish every set, this guy on guitar sang the verses, while
Dan, Penny and Donnie joined in on three part harmony to "Happy Trails"

And with that, it was time for these buckaroos to call it a night.  G'nite, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Really to bad there's no sound on those videos...bummer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it, Martina! Thanks for telling me :)

    ReplyDelete