Sunday, April 13, 2014

going up!

Sunday morning dawned brightly...Cap'n and I were still a little rough around the edges...me, more so than him :/  At 2am in the morning, it seemed like a good idea to walk the Seven Mile Bridge by the light of a nearly full moon.  It was beautiful, y'all; you just have to trust me on that.  I love the cast of a moon shadow, especially on the water.  I can see now why so many people name their boats 'Moonshadow'.  Sadly, I did not take any pictures on my Iphone.  I will have to store those in my mind :)

We made plans to take Kenny & Fran, and Len, on a shakedown cruise Sunday afternoon.  The first order of business was to thread the jib sail back on to the roller furling.  I swear I could feel Marquesa smile and *sigh* when the jib was back in it's rightful place and all neatly rolled up.  Next step was to send me up the mast to remove some burned out light bulbs, one on the spreaders, and the anchor light at the top.

Hello!  This was the first of three trips up the mast that
day.  It's a good thing I enjoy going aloft, so long
as Marquesa is tied safely to the dock!
I wouldn't be smiling like this 55' up in the air in a
pitching and rolling sea!

I wire brushed all the connections, installed new bulbs, and took a look about.
You can see the 'wall' where we normally have Marquesa docked on Paradise Pointe.

There's Pretty Joe Rock, still for sale for 1.2 million.
 
 
I love the view of Marquesa from up there :)

Friends are here, food is here, boat is ready...

Let's go sailing!  (my view when laying on the bow :)

Kenny was in rare form, sassy like I've never heard...

So I got sassy right back at him,
in HIS rooster shirt :)


My Cap'n was completely in his element.


The boys played music...


And we asked Len to play his fishing song again... a little
slower so Kenny and Fran could catch all the words!
I love "Don't Set Your Drag Too Tight"  :)
I want to always remember these moments...
sailing with friends.
 

I think it's safe to say this guy loved it, too.

We sailed up to Grassy Key, then turned downwind to
light the grill.  We enjoyed some brats, more music,
more fellowship, and more fun as we sailed toward
the setting sun.

My two loves.

...and the good Lord saw fit to bless me with another green flash tonight.
It was just. too. much.
After a hard few days' labor, and the beautiful sail this afternoon, we were ready for a dip in the pool when we got back to the Marina.  It was a good time swimming, and hanging out in the hot tub having philosophical conversations with Donnie, Len, and Dave.  I sat and mostly listened, and thought, "I want to remember this moment, too."

 
The three of us went back to the boat for some more wine.  To add levity
to the situation, this girl crossed our path.  She knows ALOT about psychology, lol.

She kept trying to get Donnie to play "Beautiful Dreamer, " clearly, her
favorite song.  He didn't know it, which made it all the more funny.

It was a crazy night y'all.  No less than three times, she would go back to her husband, and the fight was on.  (Apparently it had started earlier in the day).  She'd go scream and cuss for awhile, he would threaten to call the cops, and she'd be back out smiling, singing, and dancing with me.  It was schizophrenic, y'all.  (And SHE would know- she knows ALOT about psychology- she told me so, many, many times :)

But who are we to spoil all her fun?!

 
 
G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment