Thursday, March 20, 2014

Where's Willis?

The furry beast has been MIA this afternoon and again tonight after we got home, he did not come running from the mangroves to greet us as he usually does.  He hasn't been back to the boat, as his food has not been touched.  I filled his bowl before we left for dinner.  I'm trying not to be a worried momma, so I brought my laptop outside to blog, hoping he'll turn up.  Dern cat.  I see a house arrest in his near future.

Let me just start by saying....

Saw this old feller in the grocery store parking lot the other day.

 Ladies, (and menfolk, too) if I am dead and gone, and you
EVER see my Cap'n in ANY store or parking lot with knee high
black nylon socks and dress shoes with his shorts... kindly and gently
lead him to your car and tuck him in the passenger seat.  He's clearly
confused.  Then SMACK him up side the head and say, "What's the
matter with you?! Didn't Karyn teach you anything in all your years
together?!"  If he resists or tries to fight back, drive him to the nearest
 ER for a psyc evaluation, because he clearly has lost his ever, lovin' mind!!!

Tuesday was a nasty day with Helga the head.  Nasty for
Cap'n, that is.  Once the smell of an open sewage hose
leading from the head to the holding tank hit my nostrils,
and the Febreeze was quickly devoured by the stench,
I bolted Marquesa and stayed long gone, breathing
fresher air.  I'm a pansy, I know.  It's okay.  I can live
with it.  I thought when Donne replaced the stinking hoses
two seasons ago, he replaced all of them.  Nope.  For
some reason, he only did the hoses from the holding tank
leaving the boat.  Well, Helga, has not been flushing well,
for quite some time.  He discovered the culprit the minute
the hose was cut....God only knows how many years of
lime and calcium and nastiness was hardened like
the plaque in a heart patient's arteries.  This is the new hose,
and was taken AFTER I sprayed down the compartment with
water, then straight bleach, then more water, then straight
bleach again, then Dawn detergent, then a scrub brush, and then
more water, then straight concentrated PineSol then more
water then the rest of the PineSol and a final rinse.
I either burnt my sense of smell in all the chemicals,
or I got her really, really clean.  I wasn't taking any chances.
My OCDness was in high gear, and there was no stopping me.
 

We got done just in time to meet the gang at Sparky's for
Happy Hour and to listen to music.  Donnie and I kept
smelling hot piss and funk, (from the men's restroom?
the kitchen?  it wasn't my hair, or our clothes) so we
took the limes from the boy's Coronas and stuck them
in our noses trying to cleanse our smeller!

The gang's all here! Lto R: Ken, Chuckie baby, Dan, Big Ron,
Fran, Kenny, Penny, Donnie, and bad Lucille.

Dan and his bass was invited up to play
two sets.  It was incredible!  Danny cooked
that bass :)


There was no shortage of dance partners for Cap'n!
There were plenty of folks that night who seemed to be abiding by the sign.

Since Cap'n had such a pisser of a day on Tuesday,
yesterday he went fishing with the boys.  He caught
a nice grouper, that he still couldn't keep.  But he went
down 80' on scuba and shot some fish.  He got two
hogfish that were promised to Lucille.  He had a good
day as he came home with a nice mess of fish for us.

Kenny caught the nicest hogfish of he day on his fishing pole
for his beloved, Frannie, who will love him forever for it :)
A large group of us then met at the Iguana Grill for dinner.  From there, Ken and Lucille joined us at the movie theatre to see Monument Men.  If you haven't seen it yet; I highly recommend it.  It's the best movie I've seen in a while.  It's set during WWII, and is based on a true story.

Today we took Mamaw and Paps for a sail.  Getting off the dock
always makes Cap'n happy.  It was a poppin' good sail; blowing 12-18
knots, and we sailed at 6.5 knots and more under a main and only half
of the jib out.  We sailed up to Coco Plum and back.

Mamaw always takes her seat up on the bow.  She loves to watch
for critters.  We didn't have any dolphin come play today, but we did
see a big turtle.  Like me, she's happy with the wind in her face and the
sunshine on her back.  I think she would have been happy to sail all the
 way to the Dry Tortugas today.

...and Paps was happy seeing his bride of 63 years so happy :)

I was just glad to be off the dock!!!
Tonight was Pizza Night and a Movie at Ken and Lucille's.  We had to move Friday Night Pizza to Thursday night as we all have tickets to go see the musical 9-5 on Friday.  Bryan, the lead guitarist in Five Sheets to the Wind, is in the starring role of the musical.  We have dinner plans before the show tomorrow.  Before that, there are seven of us going out for another sail at 11am. Our social calendar is ridiculously full this week!

Ok, Willis hasn't turned up yet, and I've seen One Eyed Jack and Peg Leg in the shadows of the parking lot.  I need to go find the boy and be sure he gets home safe and sound, or this momma won't rest easy tonight.  G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment